We are seeking a highly capable (Junior/Assistant/Trainee) management accountant in this pivotal role. This is a hands-on role where you will be involved in multiple aspects of preparing monthly management accounts, performing financial analysis, preparing financial and cash forecasts and supporting management as the business develops.
To ensure success as a (Junior/Assistant/Trainee) management accountant, you should have experience of production of monthly management accounts, knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting and experience in a similar environment. You will have a good appreciation of the need to produce timely information that is both accurate and analysed with well balance commentary on variances and trends.
- Produce accurate product, job, and product costs.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Reconcile control accounts.
- Analyse financial data, liaising with senior management to produce concise, informative commentary, variance and trend analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of cost-effective financial policies and procedures, as well as mitigating financial risks.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and budgets, as well as controlling and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Ensuring accounting procedures are followed.
- Preparing information required by auditors.
- Contributing to the monitoring of financial management policies and procedures to ensure that they adhere to regulatory standards.
- Performing financial recordkeeping, as well as protecting sensitive and confidential information.
- Keeping informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in management accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree level, with minimum 2 years post graduate experience.
- Part qualified CIMA or ACCA.
- Work experience in a private sector, product-based SME.
- Proficiency in business management and accounting software, specifically Sage Line 50.
- Good knowledge of accounting standards and financial regulations.
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Multi-currency trading environment.
- Exposure to sales/purchase order processing.
- System implementation skills.
- Team player.
- Prefers the dynamic of SMEs.
- Capable of working unsupervised.
- Strong communicator both written and oral.
- Honest, trustworthy, and loyal.
- A passion for sustainability and the green economy
Employement type: full-time
Location: Marchwood, Southampton (UK)
Apply by sending your CV to Donna Simpson-Strange, Head of HR at Biome Technologies: firstname.lastname@example.org