Launch of Biodegradable Tree Shelters
Biome’s Bioplastics division (www.biomebioplastics.com) announces the commencement of large-scale UK-wide field testing and initial commercial sales by Suregreen of biodegradable tree shelters using the Biome’s proprietary bioplastics materials. Extended field testing of approximately 40,000 shelters at more than 40 sites is being carried out in close collaboration with Suregreen, a leading UK-based manufacturer of tree shelters.
The biodegradable tree shelters are designed to provide the benefits of traditional shelters for five years but to biodegrade naturally and harmlessly over the subsequent two years, offering an environmentally sustainable solution that improves forestry yields. The natural decay of the shelters has been demonstrated through extensive accelerated weathering, biodegradation in the laboratory and initial field testing.
Having developed these tree shelters in association with Suregreen (supported by a development contract from Innovate UK as part of the Sustainable Innovation Fund (SBRI Phase 2)), Biome and Suregreen will now monitor the product’s performance to confirm high sapling survival rates in forestry conditions over the next few years. Customers can now also purchase the shelters made out of Biome’s biodegradable materials from Suregreen under the “Vigilis Bio” brand (http://www.sure-green.com/vigilis-bio.html).
These trials come at a time when the UK prepares to host the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference, in Glasgow, also known as COP26. Biome is signed-up to the United Nations’ Race to Zero campaign, and this product demonstrates its support for the UK achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
Paul Mines, Biome Technologies’ Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“Extensive field testing is the next step to commercialisation of the novel biodegradable tree shelter at scale. We’re looking forward to validating our results over the coming years in a diverse range of climates by demonstrating how our biodegradable materials can protect saplings in the early years after planting and are confident that biodegradable tree shelters will play a meaningful role in sustainable forestry and the UK’s net-zero ambitions.”
Job opening: full-time Junior Management Accountant
We are seeking a highly capable (Junior/Assistant/Trainee) management accountant in this pivotal role. This is a hands-on role where you will be involved in multiple aspects of preparing monthly management accounts, performing financial analysis, preparing financial and cash forecasts and supporting management as the business develops.
To ensure success as a (Junior/Assistant/Trainee) management accountant, you should have experience of production of monthly management accounts, knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting and experience in a similar environment. You will have a good appreciation of the need to produce timely information that is both accurate and analysed with well balance commentary on variances and trends.
- Produce accurate product, job, and product costs.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Reconcile control accounts.
- Analyse financial data, liaising with senior management to produce concise, informative commentary, variance and trend analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of cost-effective financial policies and procedures, as well as mitigating financial risks.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and budgets, as well as controlling and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Ensuring accounting procedures are followed.
- Preparing information required by auditors.
- Contributing to the monitoring of financial management policies and procedures to ensure that they adhere to regulatory standards.
- Performing financial recordkeeping, as well as protecting sensitive and confidential information.
- Keeping informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in management accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree level, with minimum 2 years post graduate experience.
- Part qualified CIMA or ACCA.
- Work experience in a private sector, product-based SME.
- Proficiency in business management and accounting software, specifically Sage Line 50.
- Good knowledge of accounting standards and financial regulations.
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Multi-currency trading environment.
- Exposure to sales/purchase order processing.
- System implementation skills.
- Team player.
- Prefers the dynamic of SMEs.
- Capable of working unsupervised.
- Strong communicator both written and oral.
- Honest, trustworthy, and loyal.
- A passion for sustainability and the green economy
Employement type: full-time
Location: Marchwood, Southampton (UK)
Apply by sending your CV to Donna Simpson-Strange, Head of HR at Biome Technologies: email@example.com