Information for AIM Investors
Biome Technologies plc provides the following information to AIM investors in accordance with Rule 26 of the AIM Rules. The information was last updated on 30 November 2017.
- A description of Biome Technologies business is provided here
- The names of Biome Technologies directors and brief biographical details of each are provided here
- As an AIM traded company incorporated in the UK, Biome Technologies plc is subject to the UK City Code on Takeovers and Mergers legislation
- A description of the corporate governance adopted by the Biome Technologies plc and the responsibilities of the members of the board of directors is provided here and details of the terms of reference of the Company’s board committees can be found below:
- Biome Technologies plc is incorporated in the UK and this is the main country of operation
- Biome Technologies plc current Articles of Association is provided here
- Details of the nominated adviser and other advisers can be found here
- As of 30 November 2017, the Company has 2,347,536 ordinary shares in issue. So far as the Directors are aware, as of 30 September 2017 , approximately 39.24% of the Company’s ordinary shares were not in public hands
- As at 30 November 2017, significant beneficial shareholders holding 3%+ of issued capital are:
|Mr V Pereira*||555,263||23.65%|
|Mr JM Rushton-Turner||288,050||12.27%|
*Mr V A Pereira’s holding includes 477,837 ordinary shares held in his own name and 77,426 held by his wife, Mrs G Pereira.
**Based on information received from Hargreave Hale Ltd on 21 January 2015
- As at 30 November 2017, Directors holdings of issued capital are:
|Mr Paul Mines||21,885||0.93%|
|Mr John Standen***||51,336||2.19%|
|Mr Declan Brown||708||0.03%|
|Mr Michael Kayser||4,071||0.17%|
***Mr John Standen’s holding includes 11,250 ordinary shares held in his own name, 28,836 held by Leapacross Ltd (a company controlled by John Standen) and 11,250 held by his wife, Mrs K M Standen.
- The Company’s annual reports can be found here
- The Company’s half yearly reports can be found here
- The Company’s regulatory information service notifications can be found here
- The Company’s prospectus on its 2010 move to AIM can be found here
- The Company’s circulars or similar publications sent to shareholders can be found here
- The Company has not applied or agreed to have its shares traded on any other exchanges or platforms
- The Company does not currently have any shares in treasury
- There are no restrictions on the transfer of the Company’s ordinary shares
John F Standen, Non-Executive Chairman
John became our Non-Executive Chairman in 2007. John has recently been Non-Executive Chairman of Lavendon Group plc. He was Chairman of the Council of Hull University for seven years until retiring in April 2013. John was previously Non-Executive Chairman of Reg Vardy plc until its sale in 2006. He spent his career in corporate finance and was Chief Executive of BZW Corporate Finance before retiring from Barclays Bank plc in 1998.
Paul R Mines, Chief Executive Officer
Paul was appointed CEO in 2007. An engineer with an MBA from London Business School, Paul spent his earlier career at ICI plc and Courtaulds plc and has 17 years experience in the plastics and packaging industry, managing high growth markets, turnarounds and M&A. For the eight years to 2006, Paul was CEO of the Betts Group, having led a management buy-out of the company from Courtaulds plc.
Declan Brown, Group Finance Director
Declan was reappointed Group Finance Director on 23 April 2014 after serving in the same position from 1 November 2011 to 30 November 2012. Prior this he was Chief Financial Officer for V.Ships Capital, part of V.Group, the world’s largest shipping services provider. Previous to this he worked for Philip Morris Limited, Sappi Fine Paper plc, Standard Bank PLC and KPMG, with whom he qualified as a chartered accountant.
Michael Kayser, Independent Non-Executive Director
Michael was appointed as Non-Executive Director on 6 October 2010 and chairs the Audit and Remuneration Committee. His previous experience includes Group Finance Director at Laporte PLC for five years, Finance Director of Guinness Brewing Worldwide and Non-Executive Director of Stobart Group plc and Chairman of their Audit Committee.
Donna Simpson-Strange, Company Secretary
Donna joined in 2006 as an in-house Solicitor, having qualified in 2004. Donna is also Company Secretary and is responsible for ensuring compliance of corporate governance at Board level. With her expertise in employment law, Donna is responsible for HR/employment matters, in addition to the construction and negotiation of commercial agreements and debt recovery. Her previous experience includes working for two legal 500 law firms in Bristol.
We ensure that the Biome Technologies plc Board accesses high quality advice at appropriate times. Our main advisers are listed below:
Auditor – Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s largest professional services networks of independent accounting and consulting member’s firms which provides assurance, tax and advisory services to their clients.
Share registrars – Neville Registrars
Neville Registrars provides a first-class, professional share registration service. Their professional expertise is built upon nearly 75 years of continuous experience which has taught them that technical excellence, solid relationships and business conducted on first-name terms holds the key to success.
Legal – Osborne Clarke
Osborne Clarke is one of Europe’s most respected and dynamic law firms. The firm’s success is the result of delivering excellent business-focused legal advice in an energetic, straightforward and efficient way.
Provisional Financial Calendar 2018:
|25 January||Pre-Close Trading Statement|
|27 March||Preliminary Results, Report & Accounts, Notice of AGM|
|25 April||AGM and Trading Update|
|23 July||Interim Trading Statement|
|03 September||Interim Results|
|01 November||Trading Update|